Cognitive Dissonace Theory
About: cognitive dissonance - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas, or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.
Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. An individual who experiences inconsistency (dissonance) tends to become psychologically uncomfortable, and is motivated to try to reduce this dissonance—as well as actively avoid situations and information likely to increase it.
- cognitive dissonance
i believe it happens to almost all of us … but i believe most people will not honestly admit it, because admitting any weakness does not seem to be an advantage to them socially.
My approach is to resolve the dissonance by changing my story … that is what hopefully you mean by “study it a bit & get a grip” … is it?
that hangs together well over here … it is almost as if it were a special particular case of my more general description.
except however, “enjoying” the RWG, is not just something that would effect your experience alone. it also has ecological effects on all of us and the world of happening which we share … so it does not, imho, belong in the same category as a “tooth ache” which just effects you internally.
I am however concerned with the ecological effects of “allowing” this looping behavior to dominate our space … and that is exactly what has been happening.
Mixed Emotions work in many & mysterious ways!
KWUN tight lips the prize; Confucius' heard:-
Exact example says more than the word!
RWG is not forward moving. It keeps the participants circling in a continual loop. There is nothing “wrong” with it any more than there is anything wrong with anything. There are only experiences. The question is if that experience is useful and relevant to you. Is staying put in a continual negative energy loop what you want. I can think of a few corner cases where it could be of use, but in general is not useful to me, hence I have discontinued it.
- Thought cognitive dissonance with 265 viewings related by tag "cognitive dissonance".
- Thought about: chez shinae: on the fuckonomics of causes with 3 viewings related by tag "cognitive dissonance".
- Thought [title (18180)] with 0 viewings related by tag "turbulence".
- Thought Cognitive Dissonance with 0 viewings related by tag "cognitive dissonance".
- Thought [title (19085)] with 0 viewings related by tag "cognitive dissonance".
- Thought a cause of turbulence with 0 viewings related by tag "turbulence".
- Thought about: what is creative nonfiction? ... with 0 viewings related by tag "turbulence".