How is white house data processing going to change?
About: Obama Staff Arrives to White House Stuck in Dark Ages of Technology
While they are at it, perhaps they will renovate all of the federal governmental data processing. In terms of its usefulness to the people, it sucks pretty badly.
- white house
- data processing
- open government
Although President Obama swept into office pledging transparency and a new air of openness, the press hammered spokesman Robert Gibbs for nearly an hour over a slate of perceived secretive slights that have piled up quickly for the new administration. It wasn't pretty.
"Why did the administration believe it was important for the American people not to know the name of the two senior administration officials who briefed us this morning on Guantanamo?" one reporter asked in the packed and steaming hot briefing room just off the White House West Wing.
This is not an item to argue partisanship ... this is an article to examine information technology and proffer ideas that may help governmental dataprocessing join the 21th century. The computer on your desktop usually changes every year or so ... i expect that replacing the computers is not the biggest part of the problem. I think the biggest problem may lie beneath indications like this ...
I've been involved in scoping and designing projects like this in the past (though not at that level). I've also been involved in cleaning up the messes when the projects were defined by people with their heads up their ass. I'm just very curious about how they going to approach this one.
- Thought Sourcing Around with 35 viewings related by tag "open government".
- Thought Makes Me Wonder if ... Retarded Lives Manner with 2 viewings related by tag "WhiteHouse".
- Thought The New Semantic Web ? with 2 viewings related by tag "open government".
- Thought about: Change.gov with 0 viewings related by tag "open government".
- Thought about: usdot announces new, historic uniform high-speed rail design standards to help u.s. manufacturers to compete with 0 viewings related by tag "open government".