Find your own Truth
Obama Seeks Hikes in Domestic Spending
President is calling on Congress to reward generous budget
increases to domestic programs while proposing cuts totaling
about one-half of 1 percent of the $3.4 trillion budget.
Obama will slice budget by $17 billion
White House will propose cutting or reducing funding for more
than 100 federal programs in latest salvo in 2010 budget fight
Obama trims budget, but less than Bush
Targets same programs
Obama Will Propose $17 Billion in Budget Cuts
~DRUDGE REPORT (today)
- pakistan nukes
* Obama's cuts would be far eclipsed by the more than $94 billion in new "emergency" spending to continue paying for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars this year and to increase foreign aid and battle a possible pandemic flu.
Obama wants to cut $17 billion from budget
Republicans not impressed, say president should be saving much more
The Long War Journal is dedicated to providing original and accurate reporting and analysis of the Long War (also known as the Global War on Terror). This is accomplished through its programs of embedded reporters, news and news aggregation, podcasts, and other multimedia formats.
USA TODAY - used federal data to compute all government liabilities, from Treasury bonds to Medicare to military pensions. Bottom line: The government took on $6.8 trillion in new obligations in 2008, pushing the total owed to a record $63.8 trillion. The numbers measure what's needed today — set aside in a lump sum, earning interest — to pay benefits that won't be covered by future taxes.
When is Obama ever going to grow up and quit blaming his profligate spending on somebody else. THis is about as good as his 150,000 jobs saved.
But the networks were all more aggressive when the 2,000 mark arrived in Iraq on October 25, 2005. The Big Three networks devoted 14 morning and evening news stories to the death toll from October 24 through the end of October, and another 24 anchor briefs or mentions. They used the number to spell “disaster for this White House.”
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/06/21/unlike-2000-death-count-iraq-abc-nbc-pbs-msnbc-skip-2000-marker-afghanis#ixzz1yXVJcdEt
- Thought The Barikaw Event with 12 viewings related by tag "afghanistan".
- Thought Our Nation Iceberg ... Are We on the Titanic? with 7 viewings related by tag "budget".
- Thought about: Afghan opium crisis is out of control with 1 viewings related by tag "afghanistan".
- Thought The Bread and Circuses Presidency with 0 viewings related by tag "budget".
- Thought about: 2015 web hosting companies market share review announced | host advice with 0 viewings related by tag "comparisons".
- Thought Reuters Interactive Map - Mashup of Microsoft Virtual Earth with 0 viewings related by tag "afghanistan".
- Thought Towards a standard vocabulary for catalog product comparisons with 0 viewings related by tag "comparisons".
- Thought Cracked Obama with 0 viewings related by tag "pakistan".
- Thought THe Medium is the Message with 0 viewings related by tag "afghanistan".
- Thought about: Taliban sign peace pact with 0 viewings related by tag "afghanistan".