Reform Legal System First!
~ Obama should reform the legal system before healthcare! For every argument that you come up with about the medical profession & practice of medicine or health care I can come up with the same kind of arguments about lawyers, judges & the system of justice in this country.
Where money & economics interests intersect the justice system goes awry .
- Almost nobody in this country has legal insurance.
- The profits from lawsuits to lawyers can devastate families who have to mortgage their houses to obtain legal counsel.
- The awards from torts in the multi-millions are unconscionable compared to the salaries of hard working CEO's.
- The legal corporations are run more like a profit-making centers (like HMOs) than like centers for legal healing of rights.
- Congress & the president are mostly lawyers - they know a whole more about the law & the legal profession & running the legal business than they do about making cars , economics, manufacture, & doing banking. They should work in their area of expertise.
- Money limits the quality of legalcare - one gets the best lawyer that money can buy.
- Laws can be searched online. We should put all laws on the internet & make them searchable. (Some of this already done, but limited by ability to pay for the services) - it should be open.
- Everyone has the right to the eqality of rights - not just those who can afford it.
- The legal system is slow (violates speedy trials) often punishes the innocent in jail awaiting trial. Mistakes are made where even the innocent are executed. An arrest can be the punishment without a trial or sentence.
- etc. see 12024 for inspiration
- the law
- legal system
- Thought Posting on Face Book to ... with 39 viewings related by tag "lawyers".
- Thought The Law with 18 viewings related by tag "lawyers".
- Thought The Law versus Justice with 5 viewings related by tag "the law".
- Thought Independent Judiciary with 0 viewings related by tag "lawyers".
- Thought More Carlin with 0 viewings related by tag "lawyers".
- Thought The Devil's Advocado with 0 viewings related by tag "lawyers".
- Thought Jury Nullification - a look at the Legal Domain with 0 viewings related by tag "lawyers".
- Thought I often wonder about Congress .... with 0 viewings related by tag "lawyers".
- Thought A Law is a Law is a Law with 0 viewings related by tag "the law".