wonkette : teabaggers scared to death of being confused with negro protesters
- tea parties
The great irony of this Washington Post story, cloyingly titled "Seeking Healing, Seeing Hostility," is that if tea party protesters and Black Family Reunion participants had been able to get past the reporter's pathetic, deliberate focus on race, they would have found that "strengthening the black family" and the African-American community's "traditional values"—the goal of the Black Family Reunion—is something the two sides would have largely agreed upon.
I have no doubt that a few of the good Americans at both events were able to realize that, have a nice conversation, listen to some gospel, and have a snack together on the day the Post insists on memorializing as "The Day a Giant Race War Was Just Barely Averted."
Isn't it great to live in a post-racial society?
In an obvious reference to the Ku Klux Klan, Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., says that people will put on "white hoods and ride through the countryside" if emerging racist attitudes, which he says were subtly supported by Rep. Joe Wilson, are not rebuked. He said Wilson must be disciplined as an example.
Critics were accusing former President Jimmy Carter of race-baiting on Wednesday after he called South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst an act "based in racism." It's a strategy that has often backfired among politicians who tap race to score points.
Saying that it is robs the president of his leadership & says that he fails not on his own but because of his race.
"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are," Obama told CNN. "That's not the overriding issue here."
- Thought MO Kool-Aid References with 7 viewings related by tag "tea parties".
- Thought Comparison: Left-Wing, Right-Wing By Issue with 3 viewings related by tag "black-whiteism".
- Thought about: NPR : 'Talking Right': Why the Left Is Losing, Linguistically with 1 viewings related by tag "black-whiteism".
- Thought Is this really the kind of political dialogue we want in this country? with 0 viewings related by tag "tea parties".
- Thought about: Hi, Im a Tea-Partier with 0 viewings related by tag "tea parties".