What a Surprise!
About: Bombshell from Bristol: Is the airborne fraction of anthropogenic CO2 emissions increasing? – study says NO!
Latif thinks the cold snap Americans have been suffering through is only the beginning. He says we're in for 30 years of cooler temperatures -- a mini ice age, he calls it, basing his theory on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the world's oceans.
Latif, a professor at the Leibniz Institute at Germany's Kiel University and an author of the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, believes the lengthy cold weather is merely a pause -- a 30-years-long blip -- in the larger cycle of global warming, which postulates that temperatures will rise rapidly over the coming years.
Cogley said: "The reality, that the glaciers are wasting away, is bad enough. But they are not wasting away at the rate suggested by this speculative remark and the IPCC report. The problem is that nobody who studied this material bothered chasing the trail back to the original point when the claim first arose. It is ultimately a trail that leads back to a magazine article and that is not the sort of thing you want to end up in an IPCC report.”
UN scientist admits unverified data used for politics...
India, China won't sign Copenhagen Accord...
Calls for UN climate chief to resign...
"If it is true that IPCC has indeed faked numbers regarding the Amazon, or used unsubstantiated facts, then it is the third nail in the IPCC coffin in less than three months," Andrew Wheeler, former staff director for the U.S. Senate's Environment and Public Works Committee, told FoxNews.com. "For years, we have been told that the IPCC peer review process is the gold standard in scientific review. It now appears it is more of a fool's gold process."
Speaking at the 2008 global climate talks in Poznan, Poland, Pachauri said: “In some countries of Africa, yields from rain-fed agriculture could be reduced by 50% by 2020.” In a speech last July, Ban said: “Yields from rain-fed agriculture could fall by half in some African countries over the next 10 years.”
Speaking this weekend, Field said: “I was not an author on the Synthesis Report but on reading it I cannot find support for the statement about African crop yield declines.”
Watson said such claims should be based on hard evidence. “Any such projection should be based on peer-reviewed literature from computer modelling of how agricultural yields would respond to climate change. I can see no such data supporting the IPCC report,” he said.
'Lost the relevant papers'...
The professor's amazing climate change retreat...
- Thought Lucidity with 19 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought The Earth & Gaia while Pissing with 5 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought about: hidden origins with michael tellinger | gaia with 3 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought Gaia Breathing with 1 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought Mother Nature with 0 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought Why I Won't watch an Al Gore Movie with 0 viewings related by tag "co2".
- Thought [title (20613)] with 0 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought about: The Gaia Hypothesis with 0 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought a Grand Synthesis of Man and Machine with 0 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought A personification of the Gaia Revolution with 0 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought Birth of Gaia with 0 viewings related by tag "gaia".
- Thought Global Warming Solutions need to be Cooperative not Adversarial with 0 viewings related by tag "gaia".