Tea-Rex Party On, Garth
- tea party
RUSH: Let's move to Kentucky and this controversy at the debate last night between Rand Paul and this Jack Conway, the cookie-cutter Democrat guy. "Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky. The incident happened Monday night in Lexington ... Lauren Valle of liberal group MoveOn.org, told Louisville station WDRB she was trying to give Paul a fake award when his supporters took her to the ground." Now, let's sum up here: A person in a disguise, carrying a sign from a radical organization, tries to push through the crowd to hand a political opponent an unknown object. What would the Secret Service have done to her?
What if somebody from MoveOn.org had tried to move through the crowd and give something to President Obama? What would the Secret Service have done? "Television footage shows Valle's blonde wig being pulled off before she's pinned to the ground. A man then puts his foot down on her head." Now, in the video that AP itself posted, the man put his foot down on her shoulders in what looked to me like an effort to help restrain her, and then the guy was immediately shoed away. Now, nobody's condoning the manhandling of even a radical liberal woman or the rough handling or whatever. But why exaggerate what happened unless you're trying to score a propaganda point?
Then too i am sick to my heart of political spin. Rush and others in the tea party movement are among the worst that i have heard. So using his spin to defend this mobery just convinces me more that US politics is in schizophrenic deep shit. Now there may exist actual records related to what really happened in Kentucky ... if those exist then need to be read into the record. Otherwise we just have (at "Spin is spin is spin is spin ..." say repeat).
"I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids—She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance.—She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage.—As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarreling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shewn and extended for her defense, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal:—Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of stepping on her.—Was I wrong, Sir, in thinking this a strong picture of the temper and conduct of America?"
- Thought The Antidote for Rules for Radicals with 21 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought Tea or Bath? with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought A Mouth for Progressivism with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought Obama was a Teabagger! with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought about: agreement to reopen government and avoid default: speaker.gov with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought Fuck the Tea Party, I got MINE! with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought My reaction to Tea Party Propoganda with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought Tea Party Platform with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".
- Thought Tea Partiers with 0 viewings related by tag "tea party".