LAWLESS PRESIDENT - bypasses Congress signs ACTA
About: » obama signs global internet treaty worse than sopa alex jones' infowars: there's a war on for your mind!
Under the provisions of ACTA, copyright holders will be granted sweeping direct powers to demand ISPs remove material from the Internet on a whim. Whereas ISPs normally are only forced to remove content after a court order, all legal oversight will be abolished, a precedent that will apply globally, rendering the treaty worse in its potential scope for abuse than SOPA or PIPA.
A country known for its enforcement of harsh Internet censorship policies like China could demand under the treaty that an ISP in the United States remove content or terminate a website on its server altogether. As we have seen from the enforcement of similar copyright policies in the US, websites are sometimes targeted for no justifiable reason.
What do you folks think of this after your silly SOPA protest, eh?
- obama bashing
- ignoring obama ragging
He appoints a bunch of czars to bypass the confirmation process of department heads
He makes recess appointments to avoid vetting of the appointments when the appointments were not urgent (i.e. the labor relations board)
Obamacare was done in a totally non-standard Congressional process
He has provided no budget for > 1000 days &/or Congress has not approved one - BUT he keeps on spending
He signs something he calls "an executive agreement" which he acts like is a treaty & wants the Senate to be forced to ratify it.
An obamafish is my way of saying "here's your sign" a la Bill Engvall.
i asked what i think the pertinent questions of Aaron Swartz on Facebook here. He provided the link to the appropriate discussion here ...
I think there is a fundamental paradox (or contradiction) between staking out "Intellecual Property" and ensuring "Freedom on the Internet". These things will always be fighting ... yin and yang. To formulate actions i think it is necessary to acknowledge that basic contradiction. Me i tend to side more with the latter force and don't care that much about the former one. People who think they have more of the former are obviously going to be fighting on that side. Do we want our government to be protecting private property in international trade ... well why not ... does international trade take place on the Internet ... yes it certainly does ... why should it be exempt? ... that is an legitimate question indeed.
I'm actually more interested in the reactions of right leaning media pundits ... the O'Rilleys and the Hannities ,and the Michelle Malkins and the what's their name blond girls ... not to mention the, almost mandatory, ruling of SCOUTS. But I suppose they will react pretty much the same as you have (if they react at all) ... so that leaves me with ... what were the Republicans in Arizona thinking?
- Thought Manifesto: Freedom of The Internet with 0 viewings related by tag "sopa".
- Thought The One Percenter-in-Chief with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".
- Thought May Explain Something with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".
- Thought Number 2 ?? with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".
- Thought [title (20632)] with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".
- Thought The Fastblogit River went Black on 1/18/2012 with 0 viewings related by tag "sopa".
- Thought Speak To Me Catalog Protests SOAPA with 0 viewings related by tag "sopa".
- Thought .. then too he is an American president ... more so then you ever thought. with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".
- Thought Payoffs to the "Death to America" Crowd with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".
- Thought Egomaniac takes lots of credit gives you ZIP with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".
- Thought Explaining Headlines with 0 viewings related by tag "obama bashing".