Golden Rule meets the RWG - WhatIF?
- Obviously if the RWG gets the upper hand then one gets to make someone wrong for NOT following the GR & visa versa - the You First phenomena.
- BUT, whatif I consult the GR first & the appropriate heart, solar plexus, chakras ?
- I don't like feeling wrong!
- A lot of people running around feeling wrong does not make a positive Universe
- Possibilities for positive outcomes decrease with the time spent defending the RWG
- The RWG rarely, if ever, decreases the amount of wrongness in the Universe but positiveness can
- With the RWG one may be confronted by the possibility that one is onself wrong
- I don't like being surrounded by people who are negative
- The GR & the 3rd bullet above is the best clue
- FYI, the RWG is short for the right-wrong game - one of the games people play which is a compulsion about being 1-up in rightness or another's wrongness
- WhatIf one discovers oneself as a perpetrator in the meeting ?
- Assuming LOA – If one assumes such & offers insults, drawn out rwg, mindreading, & sleeve-jobs of discomfort at the end of a pile of words will one get the same back? Even NLP (another 3-letter word) says matching & mirroring is a powerful communication tool – I tried it in a Bandler class in Chicago many years ago & my subject was very surprised that I got what he was thinking!
- golden rule
- item 17026
- Thanks for the pedagogy on We.
- You do not speak for all humans - just one.
- You do not speak for all the set of people in the abstract, editorial collective WE variable.
- Not all humans in the WE pile agree on anything.
- You do not speak for ME half the time, even
- Do you even speak for yourself or are you speaking for just your point of view? political party? race, gender, history ....
- M^^4 is my coin for mega-meta-munge-mashup - which is like complex word salad dancing around in the world of abstraction
- GW called that chaos not yet become cosmos in Barbara Cubed - pg. 6
- "But soar as high as we may into the realm of the abstract, yet at least some symbol must be present in the mind, else we are not reasoning at all, but merely muddling in chaos not yet become cosmos."
- In politics - a collective WE of sorts will listen - mesmerized - until they hear the right wrong game makes them right or they are going to get something ...
- or just the converse they may tune out
- I suspect & think that you are mostly dancing around trying to avoid what RS would call the Spirit of a Nation or some higher level Being
- too bad some clairvoyance is needed for that - not likely to encounter much on the physical plane on that one
- RWG is also about being right
- M^^4 depends upon what you call WE
- .. turd in the back pocket stuff
- I have always touted the GR as an individual thingy
- Nice like Rodney King but individuality trumps the WE
- Depends if you can tell what is inside & outside - imagination & reality
- Politics is a prime example of personal agenda trumping the good of all under the WE flag
- Empathy notwithstanding, I am sure you could tell the difference between having your own hand chopped off and watching another have his done so
- evolution may take the human race to the extremes of empathy
- evolution also leaves behind some parts of the tree of life as the tree continues to grow
- see also Truth, Beauty & Goodness
- similar to a pick-pocket with a pocketful of money wondering if there are any pickpockets in the crowd
- or a child molester in jail wondering when he will get killed
If you use words like "M^^4", it means that i can only try to interpret the dialogue meaning of your sentence. Kind of like me saying to my wife, "you are a very chiggy girl", she knows what i mean, but not because she knows to what my word "chiggy" refers.
In fact, "we" so accurately refers to a group of people talking about themselves, that if you do not feel yourself a member of that group you will even be able to get that from the sentence ... and perhaps respond with a joke about it, as you have done.
So when i tell you it is my intention to recognize "Who we are" then you should know what i am referring to ... especially when i tell you that it is the same kind of thing as recognizing "Who I am". And when i talk about what "we feel inside", you should know what i am saying just as much as if i told you "i feel great inside because i just ate my breakfast". The indexical nature of these sentences is unimportant to their meaning ... and both the author and the audience should know that.
- I don't get the reflective property of abstraction in your world
- a rendering is a better word than rendition imho
- when you go abstract you are using analysis which takes something apart
- & also inventing or imagining with concepts etc .
- such rapidly leaves the world of reality
- not to worry - it is possibly available to talk about your specific experience precisely without hiding it behind abstraction
Tina found a better picture which summarizes the title of this item:
ok i think i know what you refer to when you use the word "abstract" ... also even "M^^4" ("mega-meta-mung-mashup").
For me the meta-world is a reflection of my experience and what is out there beyond me. Abstraction is where particular reflections get generalized. They are still reflections but sort of reflections of reflections. They are very useful to model and predict experience. But certainly it is an error to confuse any kind of reflection with what is being reflected. That is burned in our minds as "Don't confuse the map with the territory" ... and rightly so, me thinks. Now do i speak truly for you as well in this regard? Are we in sync with this?
"Mega", i assume, refers to the vastness of humanity and to the even vaster cosmos compared to my minuscule self. I feel myself in relationship to the vastnesses quite differently from time to time. Composing those feelings is quite an art that i love. I expect that you do a lot of that too, though perhaps for you those feelings are constant or even ruled completely out ... i don't know ... and i'm not asking, lol. One feeling that comes up a lot is submission ... acceptance ... almost in the sense of islam. But another is feeling the whole, as were I it, yet not excluding any of you all ... a Christ in me ... or me in Christ ... of being part of a wonderful thing, yet very personal to me ... notwithstanding the vastness. It is a hard to describe apart from the baggage of the ages. it is a sort of listening to vast diversity without usurping, yet doing as if the whole of it flowed through me. that is an off the cuff rendition, so don't take it seriously ... and i totally know i haven't gotten it right yet. so this project, said differntly, is just me listening as if i were all of us, just like i am inside myself. it's a game i'v played privately since i was a kid. i am just thinking of playing it publically now in the sense of writing fiction.
A fiction exists in the so called "meta-world" ... it is a synthesized reflection ... or an imagination ... in that it originally has no being as object to start with. The being that our fiction is made to reflect exists perhaps in the future ... or perhaps nowhere at all. Frequently we hope it starts a life of its own apart from ourselves. That is the nature of this beast ... and there are many quite beautiful and/or terrible beasts of this gender. Fear or love or hate them just as you please.
[i'll perhaps get to your, more interesting spirit stuff, when i return from my commercial duties quite a bit later]
- editing a post & responding to the bullets you choose is also your style - makes the nesting difficult & redundant
- precision in English or language is also not your style if the distinction between I & WE is munged (see M^^4)
- your bolded stuff in the context of your paragraph still pretends that you speak for others who are not you -OR-
- when you classify people & behaviors & even perhaps being you choose or lose the fact that it is you who is doing so - a small detail left out of the equation of temporary truth?
- the editorial WE portends just that - an editorial follows & perhaps nosism
- I am more interested in what your wallaby & distinctions are than editorials & preaching about WE
- last 3 bullets misinterpreted
- was talking about my own silent meditation experience
- your thingy about ... "special powers .. " may mask just personal laziness or?
- just plain bullshit ?
- a bad experience at the threshold ?
- or just personal self-building
- something else
- good luck getting somewhere else wise
- enamoration with self pellick
- thanks for sharing
Well i knew you were talking about your "own silent meditation experience" with when you said
- It is fascinating to contemplate in Silence & watch the chaos not yet become Cosmos & let it go without clothing it in language or making symbols & pictures of it
- As far as I can tell such is mostly personal - but who knows? I can't clothe it in anything & stay silent.
... so i don't think i misinterpreted you at all. RS also went into this in depth too ... you cannot communicate spiritual experience from person to person ... you must experience it yourself ... totally unlike normal human life where things are shared. You said it differently above but i do think we are talking about the very same process here ... are we not?
Me i totally accept that silent characteristic of spiritual experience. So then i conclude that communicating anything from that spiritual experience in my normal human life with others would be a categorical error of the first kind. i have no problem with a teacher saying meditate like this, practice this exercise, and you can discover a splendid world inside yourself. i do have a problem when they imply things from that world should be used in a particular manner our here in the world that we all must share. When they do so, they are doing it based exclusively on their authority.
- catch-22 is simply that one can't be silent & follow one's own inclination not to be silent & engage/chase what floats through one's consciousness - nothing occult, eh?
- the exercise nobody else invented for me - not GW & not RS not PR not TR ....
- I decided to do it one day & try for total silence
- the best I could do was not engaging what went bye not clothe with words pics etc
- still not total silence, emptyness or the cosmic word
- still having authority issues, eh bro?
- I don't personally care where I get an idea they are already in the Universe - I don't create them - I perceive them one can call them beings or not, spiritual or not
- I choose not to reinvent the wheel, fire, mathematics ....
- One can communicate about experience ...
- In the contemplation intensives asking "Who Am I & communicate that to Another" it was just the conversation versus the alternative staring at a wall"
- Rubbing up against another helped clarify
- the Ahas came while I was alone
- the other did not talk back, though
- well yes i do carry your catch-22 a bit further. i am focusing more on the effect of the fact that you must be silent for these kinds of experiences to show up, and if you talk you are not being silent, therefore the content cannot be shared. RS does say that people cannot bring out what they experience from the spiritual world. i am just suggesting that is the very same effect you are experiencing which you referred to as catch-22. if it isn't then fine too, we would have 2 different effects here (or maybe even 3) ... but i really do think they are the same thing: ... personal experience is, er, personal .. it cannot be shared ... and spiritual experience is personal experience.
- i am interested in your exercise ... how is it different than Za Zen?
- you code "authority" as my issue, bro ... i expect that is just a bloody invitation to rwg. authority is good and bad ... and i can see both sides of that. i think it is just too convent for you to switch to rwg mode here so that the real issue does not need to be dealt with. maybe as an exercise you could try to keep your assumption that Bozo here has a issue with authority silent, so that some day we might be able to use that term to actually communicate. who knows, maybe it is you who have an issue with authority. ask yourself, why is it that you accept RS's or PR's or GW's or Bush's or Limbaugh's words as true, yet not Obama's, or mine, or your own? ...... Fact is when somebody tells you something from their so called Spiritual World you must take it as true only on their authority. That is not "my issue with authority" ... that is the nature of communicating from the so called Spiritual World.
- yep ideas come from all over ... some of them from you ... most from outside myself ... but some of them i even synthesize myself. obviously the latter have a special glow to just me ... those in particular seem to have a shit color to you .
- yes, "one can communicate about experience" ... and ... one can even share experience (eg i punch you in the nose) ... one cannot share spiritual experience ... one cannot share silent personal experience.
- rubbing up against someone is sharing an experience with them.
- Mostly RWG Big Time for you - not my intention
- I believe you are wrong about spiritual experience
- You are still using the catch-22 wrong - try talking about your shit without using mine
- I never read ZaZen instructions. MH from the Thursday night class suggested we sit still, focus on a spot on the ground with our eyes, focus with our mind on our breathing & have that be the sole activity returning to those points whenever one strayed at least 15 minutes a day. I did it for a year, but probably missed my shot a couple of times.
- I just intend not chasing the shit running through my mind for as long as I can stand to do the exercise - usually 5 minutes or less.
- I did something between contemplations with PR, but because of the favorable environment (no TV, no Internet, no FastBlogIt) & nothing but Zen to play with & the question "Who Am I?", I came away from experience with the metaphor that it was like playing a drum set - each new mind thingy got my attention (like hitting a drum or symbal or cowbell etc.) & then something else came up to hit. The instructions were different for that mini exercise.
- I conclude you have a catch-22 & I have a catch-22 & Joseph Heller had a catch-22
- They are all different
- They all have the same logical inconsistency somewhere in them
- Ours are not the SAME ONE
- the other bullets just trying to prove you were not wrong which is just RWG
- I say get on with it
- i.e. for some value of it being your wallaby
- sigh ! content long ago left the Topic
- I resort to Play Nexus feeling thingy while reading your attempt to munge our two ideas under the banner of catch-22 & say now it just plain feels wrong merged
- IMHO (which is neither) the exercise of watching the mind is NOT about the inability to communicate spiritual experience.
- It is about trying to do one thing & the opposite at the same time in my observing the shit flying bye in my mind. Mine is simply observing my mind.
- NOT spirituality
- NOT occult
- NOT following gurus & mentors
- still complain - not forwarding your wallaby much yet in my judgement
- I can lick that spoon with zest
His definition of racism probably different than the people who try to speak for him these days on racism, eh?
… a nugget from 2 years ago.
- Thought A Law of Attraction Event Story with 814 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Zen & the Art of the Right-Wrong Game with 649 viewings related by tag "rwg".
- Thought #Integrity #authenticity with 456 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Seeking Information with 329 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought about: one of the best dialogues ever written! ever! the egg. | spirit science with 299 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought about: Syrian War - comment 75615 with 237 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Politics is the Art of making the possible happen ... with 210 viewings related by tag "RWG".
- Thought Doing things for others with 190 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought LOA Trumps Hillary with 173 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Sensing ... with 169 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Negative Feedback with 169 viewings related by tag "rwg".
- Thought #WillToBelieve with 168 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought DMT - and the reality drug with 142 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Taking Control with 141 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought [title (21932)] with 141 viewings related by tag "RWG".
- Thought Socretes Cafe Tuesday April 18 2017 with 140 viewings related by tag "RWG".
- Thought Fallacies and Pallacies with 124 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Why my trains of thought break ... with 124 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought What comes first ... thinking or doing ... er, always? with 118 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought are your thoughts yours alone or are they really available to all who can tune them in? with 118 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Little magical circumstances. with 117 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought General to specific with 101 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Mark Fo Hammer's new age thinking and brain coupling with 101 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought [title (23969)] with 98 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Making up Others with 85 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Crisps up LOA! with 79 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought about: Unhacking Wars - comment 67183 with 71 viewings related by tag "RWG".
- Thought about: What Seth voted for in politics - comment 64975 with 66 viewings related by tag "RWG".
- Thought Midnight Cowboy in Seattle with 63 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought an example of LOA philosophy not working ... with 62 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought YES Island with 59 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Deeds collapse Possibilities into Manifestations with 55 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Golden Rule with 53 viewings related by tag "golden rule".
- Thought Yet Another "Circumstances don't Matter" with 52 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought The Meaning of Everything - The Immutable Laws with 47 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought What does Miami mean? with 47 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Golden Rule Dialog with 46 viewings related by tag "GoldenRule".
- Thought Humanity from the Anthroposophical Point of View with 45 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought The human personality with 44 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought about: Contemplation - comment 59735 with 43 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Representing something changes my awareness of it with 42 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Being on Stage in the Foreground with 42 viewings related by tag "rwg".
- Thought Sequence of Encounter reply in Newsletter with 41 viewings related by tag "golden rule".
- Thought Thinking Domains Curate Too! with 40 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Free will of another with 39 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought The trick is to enjoy the prick with 39 viewings related by tag "RWG".
- Thought Interesting Constellation - Lakshmi with 38 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought How do you know you are practicing The Golden Rule? with 38 viewings related by tag "golden rule".
- Thought about: Mini-Cast Episode 28: Integrity with yourself. - comment 68040 with 35 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought #LoaSwim with 32 viewings related by tag "LOA".