Get a Grip on Anger
About: anger | brain games | national geographic channel
(VIA DRUDGE - just to contextualize this item on anger)
More violence overnight in Ferguson...
Tear gas, smoke bombs vs. molotov cocktails...
REPORT: 'Anonymous' Names Officer; Threatens To Release Photo, Home Address...
NAACP appeals to UN...
WASHPOST: Racial questions about police force in MO...
QuikTrip site still focal point of community unrest...
Protesters Lash Out at Obama, Sharpton 'You Haven't Changed Nothin. F*ck Y'all'...
Mayor to Sharpton: Go home...
PAPER: Pentagon fueled confrontation...
Militarized cops on display...
- michael brown
Restoring a sense of capacity by means other than destruction is hard to achieve in the political arena. Realizing that the behavior in the now is about something in the past is hard to achieve if one is not rational & just operating on the animal brain. Mobs & demonstrations rarely solve anything especially if the political forces are encouraging it & don't want it to go away soon.
If it gets too out of hand I am reminded of some ideas about what to do with evil:
- Protect yourself from it
- Isolate it
- Quarantine it
- Shed light on what's there other than the juice of emotions
- Offer solutions that provide more workability (not just another study, law or law suit)
- Always be completely transparent in handling it
- Teach the Golden Rule - early & often
The latter one seems to affect those on death row who finally are allowed face to face with the victims loved ones to apologize & experience the victims points of view & emotions. Somehow that is too late. Do it early in the game before something happens.
From BofNK (23:38 & 23:40) - the ontology of Anger:
The elements of Anger 23:38 are in this quick scan
Next comment is
No attention = no game.
I'll bet we could invent an app for anger. Maybe crowd source rationality? Maybe flash mob some music something like Playing for Change.
I remember a moment in PJ2 where I heard some bongos & congas in the distance & I imagined the modern urban jungle calling forth a Woodstock like ad hoc concert in GG park or somewhere. First the bongos then maybe something else maybe voices ....
Sound anything like Charlottesville ?
Personally, I would devolve the situations from National & World crisis down to the local police forces & national guards within the states to enforce the law. That is where the problems are. Everyone likes #birdies that support their position.
- Thought I Call Out Blatant Racism with 2 viewings related by tag "ferguson".
- Thought White vs Black Manifesto by Dylann Roof with 1 viewings related by tag "anger".
- Thought Fuck You with 1 viewings related by tag "anger".
- Thought Diversity of Thought with 0 viewings related by tag "ferguson".
- Thought Ferguson took a Shit with 0 viewings related by tag "ferguson".
- Thought WE with 0 viewings related by tag "birdies".
- Thought Balancing Budgets on the Backs of Taxpaying EARNERS with 0 viewings related by tag "anger".
- Thought Sesame Street Big Birdies with 0 viewings related by tag "birdies".
- Thought Anger with 0 viewings related by tag "anger".
- Thought Trembeling: One of my peculair problems with 0 viewings related by tag "anger".
- Thought about: then there is this meme with 0 viewings related by tag "birdies".
- Thought Government By Riot & M$M Attention with 0 viewings related by tag "anger".