About: the long war journal
- drums of war syria
There is a dynamic that i still think we can agree upon: Sometimes when you fight a thing it gets stronger not weaker. Your crusade against "We" was a case in point. The question is whether going to war with ISIS is going to have that same dynamic?
... but as to me proffering an opinion on that, I am very glad my judgement is not needed.
Well sometimes things transform, and one is "founded on" the other ... other times things struggle against each other and get stronger. An example of the latter is your opposition to my use of "we", which now i frequently use, and use it better. I'm worried that the USA trying to win over ISIL will end up making it worse ... or, from its point view, better. I think Bush's intervention in the Middle East made it worse, and now ISIL shows up there. Maybe we will live long enough to see what this new war will bring ... but i fear when it is a ego/wego right/wrong sided issue, the latter frequently is the consequence.
An example of the ignominious WE is political correctness & political speeches & commentary of the M$M & politicians. It starts & finishes wars, political parties & destroys the minds of school children & adults. The illusion that the UN is a WE is laughable. Evolution takes those that do not choose eventually to metamorphose to something better & leaves them behind at a fork in the road.
The only WE I actually know is those I have talked to personally & even then there are caveats. A consistent train of thought & world outlook over many years, books & lectures also persuades, but in the case of RS & GW I still use my own consciousness & experience & testing as the final judge.
Ego-wego munging notwithstanding.
If you fight a stronger enemy you will get weaker. If you fight an enemy that has no bounds & could be said to channel evil itself such is terrorism, you may loose. If your enemy lies & has political correctness M$M as a co-conspirator you may lose. I think the art of War (Sun Tzu) would advise retreat in such cases.
You never did acknowledge that the editorial WE in your writings is really just you .
The terrorists always try to look like a larger force of WE than they really are & others even weaker try to join up as long as they hate the same people or are killing the same enemies.
.. I think Obama is safe from impeachment as long as that fool Biden is still VP.
Drums of war – still going on in Syria – http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/04/at-least-100-dead-in-suspected-chemical-attack-in-syria-hospital-reportedly-hit.html
Which news needs to be informed by the recent “change in policy”
towards Bashar Assad as reported here and elsewhere …
Just days ago, Donald Trump announced that the U.S. no longer had any problem with the regime of Syrian president, and Russian ally, Bashar Assad.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the U.S. approach was being driven by a new "reality" and that Assad’s future had to be a decision for the Syrian people. Similar statements were made earlier by U.S. Cabinet members speaking in Ankara, London and at the United Nations.
Yes, Syrian people, like the thousands who died in Aleppo under withering artillery and constant bombing, will just have to vote Assad out at the next completely fair and free elections.
Now Assad has a nice thank you for Trump.
tag #DrumsOfWar #DrumsOfWarSyria
Airstrikes hit the city of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, giving off a "poisonous gas," according to Anas al-Diab, an activist with the Aleppo Media Center.
The casualties reportedly came as a result of asphyxiation caused by exposure to an unknown gas or chemical agent.
Now me as an American, almost agree with the #trump administration on this new policy ….
… but there are #consequences which we must own … we see some in the news today.
tag #DrumsOfWar #DrumsOfWarSyria
Except that gassing one’s own people is a War Crime – I doubt Trump was supporting that. Lots of luck trying to get the UN to take up prosecution for it.
i doubt #Trump cares it is a #WarCrime.
His only criteria → is it good for America.
#consequences to others be #damed.
That is the very nature & #manifestations this new #TrumpWorldView is producing.
I think you are fucked up on that thought. His promise is to quit being the world’s policeman & focus more on keeping the USA prosperous & strong not like Obama’s giving everything away in appeasement to the rest of the world. Different folks use different strokes.
yes i know the difference and clearly stated it as such.
i am just pointing to the #consequences that such a #TrumpWorldView is #manifesting …
it is something that Americans must now #own …
especially those who did not vote against #Trump.
Yep., when you blame it on Trump with your fucked word #consequences you are just part of the fuck itself. There is no reason why countries shouldn’t reform themselves instead of depending upon others to do it for them. Russia & the middle East are prime examples. Mexico should get rid of their own corruption instead of exporting it North. The USA was built , albeit in a rather virginal world compared to today, by people who threw off the yolk of tyranny by a king. It is now one of the most stable democratic-republics in the world lasting 240 years & 9 months so far. The UN needs reforming to the point where it is not just a corrupt debating society (mostly against the US & Israel)
well okay. it is my #judgement that this is a #consequence of #TrumpWorldView.
i am not the only one who came to that conclusion.
who gets the #credit or #blame is not my concern.
Perhaps Americans will go to war in #syria, boots full on the ground to fight #ISIS, in league with Bashar Assad and the Russians. That would be consistent with #Trump’s actions. A conflicting thingey from my perspective.
Sorry dude, you have not heard anything except your own partisan turd rattling around inside your head.
Here is #Trump’s statememt blaming #Obama …
Statement from President Donald J. Trump
Today’s chemical attack in Syria against innocent people, including women and children, is reprehensible and cannot be ignored by the civilized world. These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the past administration’s weakness and irresolution. President Obama said in 2012 that he would establish a “red line” against the use of chemical weapons and then did nothing. The United States stands with our allies across the globe to condemn this intolerable attack.
So out of one side of #Trump’s neck he allows whatever,
and out of the other side he blames Obama
and just speaks words condemning Assad.
McCain expressed my view adequately here.
Some learned from the Iraq war & others didn’t . Personally I would do heavy intelligence to determine exactly where Assad is at a predictable window & drone his ass – not giving a shit who is with him.
Your #AlreadyAlwaysArguing & #AntiTrumpism notwithstanding.
I am sure he would love to do the same with you too!
Good Anti Golden Rule sympatico going on there between the two of you.
Countries don’t usually #murder other countries’s leaders.
It is an obvious intention, but a slippery slope i fear best not rolled down.
yet who knows … this administration speaks with many voices …
The US ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, said Syrian chemical attacks would continue if nothing was done.
"Time and time again Russia uses the same false narrative to deflect attention from their ally in Damascus," she said.
Hinting at possible unilateral action by the US, she added: "When the United Nations consistently fails in its duty to act collectively, there are times in the life of states that we are compelled to take our own action."
The Golden Rule is NOT a suicide pact! If someone is out to murder you or your people the game has changed.
The #RealGoldenRule is not circumstantial. It is a principle by which to live and thrive. Exceptions are your own rwg additions my friend.
The golden rule is not a hammer. Make up your own rules & call them golden or brown #IDC
The #RealGoldenRule is from Matthew
If you would have Assad send a drone to shoot you at your computer in Paradise, that is not my business. The #RealGoldenRule does not say “except ...”.
do unto others as you would have them do unto you
The Golden doesn’t say always act as a contradiction-pit like you do either. Ethical reciprocity doesn’t say that I should commit suicide if that would make you happy or a better human being. Wake UP!
I didn’t say the #RealGoldenRule said to commit suicide. There are always many ways to achieve a result. If one goes about achieving a result in a manner that same one would not want applied to them in return in similar circumstances, then I don’t see how the manner is a “living by the #RealGoldenRule way” to achieve the result. We can always choose another way. I think that is pretty clear by the nature of what the #RealGoldenRule is and how it has value in getting us to examine our methods and choose differently when they don’t meet the rule bar.
”thou shalt not kill another” is a special case of “do unto others” ← tis true.
war is hell … when leaders of a country make it personal, it is murder ← imho.
one might ask, why has this, aparently easy solution to nitty international problems, seldom been used historically ?
Why has there been an unwritten rule not to persue other country’s leaders and murder them ?
Why does this apply to #assad but not to #bagdadi ? (or does it actually apply to both?)
If #Trump knew the exact spot of Bagdadi would he (should he) target him with a drone?
Would have Obama? …. like he did with BinLaden.
← food for though, eh?
Nah, it is on the TV in some form almost every night. THe greater good is often debated. The Golden Rule applies to your behavior & informs thru the heart chakra. It is not a groupie thing. You folks keep trying to apply it to groups & other people. Wake UP!
I am talking very personally. I would not ask to have Assad killed because that is not in my heart to do to me, so I would not ask it to be done to another.
“its not a groupie thing”, mark says …
but if a leader speaks for the group, and leads the group, and the group follows,
then the group owns the deeds that are done along with the leader. ← imho
i don’t think group morality is quite so easily disregarded.
It is not a group thingy therefore there is no leader who speaks “The Golden Rule” for anyone except himself. The last one who could got crucified.
Ideally the World Court could do a Neuremberg like trial on Assad and accomplish something but I suspect it would turn into a circus. They did hang some people for their war crimes including Saddam Hussein for gassing his people.
well then there are no such thingys as nations … there are no nations … that level of soverign identity does not exist. forget about patriotism … it does not exist … it was just an illusion.
but you can’t have it both ways … either “there is a group thingy” …. or … “there are no nations”.
Conversation forked to thought 23779
- Thought Bullying is decay of what we are being together with 949 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Did Putin blackmail Trump? with 611 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought Trump's moral confusion with 506 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought #Trump #Putin with 488 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought War in Syria - 2017 with 392 viewings related by tag "DrumsOfWarSyria".
- Thought What is happening in Sweden? with 379 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought (clone) Should presidents tweet? with 334 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Socrates Cafe Question: Should presidents tweet? with 312 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought The 2017 White House correspondents’ dinner with 267 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought [title (23251)] with 262 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Trumps Inauguration Address with 221 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Is Trump's internal filter all fucked up? with 201 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Calling Wolf with 197 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought What Trump means by "fake news" ... with 194 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought #OOB with 182 viewings related by tag "judgement".
- Thought Trump at Nato meeting with 176 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought Copy of - An agreement to avoid an unthinkable war with 138 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Agreements are vunerable to lies with 126 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought So which is it? with 118 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought about: mark's thought about Trump's Ghettesburg Address with 106 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Trump: Everyone At The G20 Is Talking About Podesta with 104 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought about: full text of the inaugural address | whitehouse.gov with 87 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought Making up Others with 85 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought A new meditation with 85 viewings related by tag "credit".
- Thought It Speaks For Its Self with 80 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Read between the lines ... with 78 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought about: SNL' spoof of Kellyanne Conway with 73 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought A deeper understanding of American intelligence via the PDB with 67 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought #PuppetTrump with 60 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought about: Megaphone vs Free Speech vs Political Correctness - comment 73418 with 60 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought Trump with 58 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought #FoxAndFriends with 55 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Deeds collapse Possibilities into Manifestations with 55 viewings related by tag "manifestations".
- Thought Fox Guarding the Hen House with 54 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought War in the Middle East with 51 viewings related by tag "isis".
- Thought Bring it ... with 49 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought How to get the Health Insurance mess actually fixed with 44 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought Being on Stage in the Foreground with 42 viewings related by tag "AlreadyAlwaysArguing".
- Thought How do you know you are practicing The Golden Rule? with 38 viewings related by tag "RealGoldenRule".
- Thought about: if trump tower was wiretapped, trump can declassify that right now with 36 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought about: Deeds collapse Possibilities into Manifestations - comment 71335 with 36 viewings related by tag "manifestations".
- Thought An interesting "live" train of thought on twitter with 35 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Trump Gettysburg Address with 30 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought What informs hearing truth? with 30 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Our democracy manipulated by another country with 29 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought Copy of - What do we value as a nation? with 28 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought #intimidation with 27 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought White hysteria ... with 24 viewings related by tag "trump".
- Thought Context is King with 22 viewings related by tag "Trump".
- Thought What do we value as a nation? with 21 viewings related by tag "Trump".