Modernizing three fold - Draft Notes
- One cannot divest human labor of its commodity character unless one finds a way of separating it from the economic process and bringing it under social forces that will do away with its commodity character.
- Thus we see that the “social question” divides itself into three distinct parts. The first is the question of a healthy form of spiritual life within the body social. The second is the consideration of labor, and the right way to incorporate it into the life of the community. Third is the correct deduction as to the proper place and function of economic life in today's society.
Useful content in Chapter 2
- [1st fold] This economic life needs to form an independent, organic branch by itself within the body social. It must be relatively as independent as the nerves-and-senses system is within the human body. It is concerned with everything in the nature of the production of commodities, circulation of commodities and consumption of commodities.
- [2nd fold] To this branch belongs what one might term the true life of the state — taking Rights State in the sense in which the word was formerly applied to a community possessing common rights.
- [3rd fold] “everything that rests on the natural endowments, both spiritual and physical, of each single human being.”
Note: Intentionally not linking Seth’s existing networking thought. That page has bad vibes. Needs a fresh start.
Useful content in Chapter 3
- It is only the lack of freedom in spiritual life that has kept its social character from coming to expression.
- “What is really needed is for people to rise above all this materialism, this external material life that drove us into the disaster of the great war and into all this misery. People must turn to a spiritual conception of life.”
- three fold
Besides technology that has changed since RS in 1919, the world population has increased ~4-fold to today’s 7.36 billion. Communication is easier. Commerce & the distribution of goods & services has gone world wide. Human spirituality no longer depends upon gurus but deep principles remain the same & freedom & love are the evolutionary path. A forking may occur ultimately for those who willfully don’t choose that path.
I can only guess this the book “World Economy” ? Whoever wrote the root of the thought might share it with the rest. Wasn’t me.
XOR might have been http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA024/English/AP1985/GA024_a02.html
The earth is really something that must be called “living being.” In accordance with geographical differentiations, the most varied forces stream up out of the various territories. Therefore people must not be separated according to territory but must receive from one another what is good and great in each territory and what can be produced just there. Hence a spiritual scientific world view is intent upon creating something that can really be accepted by all nations in all regions. For people must advance in the mutual exchange of their spiritual treasures. This is the important point.
- RS via https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA178/English/MP1986/19171116p01.html
- Thought Socialist Stumbling-Blocks with 8 viewings related by tag "threefold".
- Thought Threefold Stuff with 5 viewings related by tag "threefold".
- Thought Educational Freedom with 0 viewings related by tag "threefold".
- Thought Threefold Headlessness with 0 viewings related by tag "threefold".
- Thought Politics with 0 viewings related by tag "threefold".
- Thought SOCIALISM Step 7 - Bank Error, Bankruptcy with 0 viewings related by tag "threefold".