If we replace the distinction ...
with a distinction between the subjective and the objective?
will all instances fall on the corresponding same side of the distinction?
Said differently the Venn diagrams of both will be identical, the only difference being the name of the circles.
About the method of thought in this item …
Let me review extensional logic, which is what is being used here. Picture a discrimator machine .. in its hopper we drop examples, there are 4 lights on the machine named : “spiritual”, “subjective”, “material”, “objective”. If we drop the example called “logical” in the hopper, then both the “material” and “objective” lights will go on … the other two will not ← we agree on that. So that one example supports my thesis … but it certainly does not prove it.
So try dropping something else in the hopper and see which lights go on?
- spiritual vs material
- limited vocabulary munge
- extensional logic
Then you introduce yet another, consciousness … well obviously consciousness is subjective ← there can be no doubt about that. So there as well we can use either distinction to separate that which is conscious from that which is not … the conscious ones are subjective.
… er, except you go on to say, that not all consciousness is subjective. Can you point out an instance of consciousness that is not subjective?
What do you really mean by “there needs to be an ego” ? Asking “what is and is not my ego” seams to me to be the same question as aking “what is and what is not subjective to me” ← is that different with you?
Tai Shu commentary P.2625 & P.2693 . Perhaps an Ego (in the RS sense) belongs to the higher animals as a group soul, but is individual in man. No need to replace words which already have meaning to munge them together so that your other ideas work.
then too, “that every particle of the cosmos has a subjective side” does not contradict anything that i said. I know i have a subjective side, were i a rock i can imagine that i would have one too.
Replacing distinctions with new ones which are more consistent from a larger kontext is part of real thinking … it is part of changing mind … it is part of consciousness . i say, “do it if you dare … or don’t do it, to keep your mind”.
- Thought the only thingeys that actually exist are unique occurrence’s connected within their context. with 28 viewings related by tag "extensional".
- Thought The Rise of Gobbledygook. with 17 viewings related by tag "extensional".
- Thought Context is King with 10 viewings related by tag "extensional".
- Thought The Exstensional Approach with 5 viewings related by tag "extensional".
- Thought Action and Story with 5 viewings related by tag "extensional".
- Thought Extensional VS Intensional Logic with 4 viewings related by tag "extensional".
- Thought A swing to the objective ... with 2 viewings related by tag "extensional".
- Thought spiritualism vs materialism with 0 viewings related by tag "spiritual vs material".
- Thought The World with 0 viewings related by tag "spiritual vs material".
- Thought being as a sustaining process with 0 viewings related by tag "extensional".