We and society ARE what is happening.
a friend of mine posted this meme on facebook
i think it says the same thing i said above.
Society is still a mungeous word which catches any crap people want to assign to others as its meaning.
incidentally your interpertation of my claim, when applied to a the group of us and what that cooperation creates, as stated in this thought, would be quite a different claim … it might even be be false … think about it … when have you noticed society always taking the easy way out? … when has it naturally waited for just the right moment before progressing to the next stage? Think perhaps about the Affordable Care Act … certainly something that was forced for which all the prerequisites were not present. Or perhaps think about Bush’s invasion of Iraq. Our society did both of those … they were what happened … were they going with the flow? ← i think not.
… which of course is true of any name. for example look at all the “crap” you have assigned to “bozo” … or “obama” … or “liberal”. On the other hand once we have a name for a thing we can start the process of thinking about it … without a name a thing cannot logically enter our consciousness.
So I keep wondering why every time i use names like “we”, “society”, “culture”, or “humanity”, you do this tilt against the use of the words themselves. You never even seem to want to think about the things themselves … it really seems like you don’t even want to be aware of them … maybe if it is outside of your self, you do not care about it, and whatever anybody else says about it you regard as just their “shit” … i don’t know, you tell me … but what you keep doing here is very startling from the outside.
Do you think these things exist or not ?
use the same contours but switch the subject. Maybe this: http://xkcd.com/
- you have a very tiny bit of access to all of the consciousness of society, culture, humanity which are as large as everyone that exists & perhaps ever existed.
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.
– John Holmes
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_holmes.html
- An abstraction like society & culture exists only in the mind – sort of like pellick for those fans of the comic Jonathan Winters ‘s early works.
- Painting all of society or some definite group from society or culture with the properties you assign to it is crap – your senses can’t find the entire group.
- Such would be like sitting on the Moon & claiming the Universe is made of Blue Cheese.
- I prefer that you talk about yourself – such is more authentic & leave me out of your characterizations & Ego pontifications
- it is certainly true that each individual is aware only of the small part of “the consciousness of society, culture, or humanity”
- re abstract nouns: we think in patterns and we point to them with what can be called “abstractions” … to say something tangable about a class of things we can always use examples … the more, the merrier. we should always know that an example does not imply that everything in the class is exactly like that example. shouting derisively “abstraction” every time one points to a general pattern is to deride thinking itself. i suggest think and talk with what has been working … but sure try not to avoid the errors that we can fall into. Shouting “ABSTRACTION!” everytime somone points to the pattern (or spirit) we call “society” serves to propagandize against society … it does not rationally add to the conversation … but it does distract from our awareness of this important spirit.
- We must be able to think and talk about that which we are together, that which we create together, that being which we are together. Degrading our ability to do so is a self wallowing fuck up!
- Everyone knows that what anybody says about that, of which they are a miniscule part, is only their personal view … only their opinion. So what? that is just the way the ball bounces. That fact should not automatically discredit their message.
- I prefer to talk about myself too, for then i am on quit firm groud. But i am not just me, i am a part of this grand happening … of it i will speak when i say rings true. I am me … and i am part of society … guess which is the more important to me. Hear what i have to say or not … but you have no ground to judge it as you have been doing ← that is just your own ego pontification or ego fight with me and is just a distraction from what i am saying.
Take for example my statement above: “We are what is happening!” …. i quite expect you to say, “nope” … and in fact i would agree with you …. We are not happening! … nope … no cooperation … no understanding … no building of anything together with me. We are not happening! Got it? But there is nothing to deride with my use of the word we.
some other day
incidentally i do not keep running, “i don’t exist” … rather the opposite, i am always publicly representing my insides and even my outsides. the membrane exists. it is porous and i can consider it separating whatever it practically can. Since you lied about me … let me propose one about you … yours is not porous at all, and is only deep deep inside your subjective being where it cannot be shared with us out here at all. it is just your little tiny personal thingey … like a scatoma … i am glad if you keep it to yourself.
Strangely enough there is another famous abstract word which has that very same identical quality .
In reference to the M. Knight Shyamalan film, The Happening. The word, "happening" is used sarcastically in context. If something is "happening" it sucks, is boring, is stupid or is a flat out waste of your time.
Wow, this party is really happening right now.
Now, that's happening.
I was refering to the terms on the other side of the copula … “we” and/or “society”. You know, the ones you claim “catch any crap people want to assign to them”. But there is another abstract term which people hang off of any shit that they want for their own agenda. Apparently you have not guessed what that word is … or perhaps more likely you don’t want to take that same attitude towards using that word that you always take towards me using the words “society” and/or “we” … all deflections notwistanding ←