Psychology 101 - A Model
← this one got frozen in time
at times like this one wishes one had an undo.
tet as in tetrahedron
"triangular pyramid, solid figure contained by four triangular surfaces," 1560s, from Late Greek tetraedron, noun use of neuter of tetraedros (adj.) "four-sided," from tetra- "four" (see tetra-) + hedra "seat, base, chair, face of a geometric solid," from PIE root *sed- (1) "to sit" (see sedentary). Related: Tetrahedral.
IT would have been helpful had you actually taken a course in Psychology 101 as did I at UCLA & also Psychology 102 assisted by 16 doctors from RAND.
All the abstraction in the world will never catch reality. See my comments in http://www.fastblogit.com/thought/23071 from PR’s latest book & read this quote again:These two domains are very different because one is what’s existentially true, the other is only occurring “as if” it’s true.
i was looking for an official name of this solid and could not find one that i liked that others might have used. it is a tetrahedron reflected. any help there would be greatly appreciated.
i did take phychology 101 at UCLA and passed it with flying colors … or so my memory tells me.
then i went beyond that grossly shallow course to read some of the founders of the study … Freud, Jung, and many others including extensive reading and dialogue in the fields of #CogSci and #behaviorism. i believe my acquaintance with the literature is as good or better than yours. Not to mention that i don’t possess some of your #Augs on those topics.
This model is so very generalized … in a way it is nothing but a structure on which to hang the pointers, the references into the matter at hand … and it shows the relationships between those pointers according to my gestalts. it can be used to compare those same things according to your gestalts.
”Psychology 101 as did I at UCLA”
#LOL pre Y2K psychological alchemy mark?
It passes for science. Your own VooDoo notwithstanding.
Yep, I was trying to remind you that what you are looking for is better found outside the map not in it or as Peter said
These two domains are very different because one is what’s existentially true, the other is only occurring “as if” it’s true.
Well, I think you really mean it passed for science, in circa 1960. The only constant in the universe is that all things change … especially knowledge and understanding of anything human.
it is certainly true that our scientific knowledge is changing all the time. especially psychology … which as a topic for scientific study is relatively new. it is also interesting to note that most of the Gurus of new aged psychology originally started by studying the state of psychology of the first half of the 20th century. other new aged Gurus did not even matriculate in psychology … they came from traditional religions.
#OMG … of course what i am playing with here is outside of my map of it. It is even outside of my conceptions of it … and quite outside of my beliefs about it … and outside of my Gestalts about it …
Why would you think i needed to be reminded of that?
#btw gentelmen … this node has been tweeted. What you say here can be read by just about anybody. In other words, you may not be just talking to me. Please keep that in mind as you comment here.
… and now we channel our understanding from aliens and disembodied entities. I mean that quite literally, Bashar and Abraham for example, are fast becoming the de-facto sources for modern psychological understanding. Walk into most any psyc ward in the country today and ask them if they have heard of Law of Attraction, or ho’oponopono, or parallel universes, or EFT, and do they use any of those in their daily work … the number that do will surprise you!
i know #RickAlloy, a profesional psychologist, and am trying to engage him in discussions here. He was one of our payed customers on the one and only #CyberMind disk … and we had some very interesting discussons back in the 80’s. I considered him a “new aged psycologist”. So we may well be able to get some a first hand examples as to how deep #LOA and ho’oponopono and EFT has effected modern practice. i am preparing myself to be surprised .
Because you are still drawing maps which qualify as only occurring “as if” it’s true; mostly only for yourself.
Similar, but not quite #SSS
Channelers make shit up. I’ll get my science elsewhere.
Okay. Well when you figure out how to do that mark, you let everyone know. I am sure there are plenty of other nay-sayers out there who would also rather get their info elsewhere too. Maybe you can pioneer a universe where it is happening.
i do not understand you reason, mark.
What is wrong with drawing maps? … that is what we do when we think. What is wrong with “qualify as only occuring ‘as if’ it’s true” , that is the very nature of thought. When i actully do and/or feel things, such maps are irrelivant … they are religated to background … then the understanding itself takes hold and enthralls with the world. Drawing maps is just part of the process … er, best not to leave home without such being bound in one’s back pocket.seth
Show me someone who is not the origin, and I will show you a transcendental heretic.
mark notwithstanding – beside himself.
that is not something that you will find through me … me, i do not wallow in that kind of judging the thoughts and work of others … rather i try to take them for what they do in and of themselves.
or asked differently … what pray tell is a “trancendental heretic” ? … and why should i participate naming them?
Without such thoughts to squawk at,
no journey would mark take.
It is his delight to ponder,
of that make no mistake!#GW channeled
well you are talking to seth in this thread … not mark … you do know that we are quite different people … do you not?
All in reference to Psychology 101 - A Model (comment 73276)
confirming nathan’s predictions
Framework XOR map ? … is it human yet? grock human from it ?
#CyberMind & CyEnglish & MPL (magic programming language) were kewl.
They were very COOL and very useful evolutionary iterations.
In terms of practicality, they were not so much. The need for exactness constantly struggled against the look and feel of the English language … and that struggle weighed down the language in both performance and understandability.
Today, true English (and other language) interpreters that convert natural language to commands are far more practical for everyday use and will soon be used to do the things CyberMind did without the computer<-->human language struggle. (Such as Seri and Alexa etc).
a single instance shown against a background
of course there is a mad dash in the industry to interpret natural language into command language. I will even bet that the outage last night with #OkGoogle was caused by Google taking her down and installing some new faculty.
but i don’t think it could be called “interpert” in the sense that a CyberMind CyThot directly interperted CyEnglish
… now it is done by training neural nets. far easier to program and far less tedious. We could even do that ourselves in the cloud … the tools are already there off the shelf.
CyEnglish *ha! (not English) & MPL were a different path from the command languages of its time. Similar to turtle graphics on a cartesian plane , MPL (navigational) traversed a network database of it’s own design. Could have been extended to the whole Internet had the enterprise not gone in 3 different directions. The Synergy of Individuals expired!
#IMHO (which is neither)
Like I said, nathan the synergy of individuals expired! Everyone had their own opinion. I remember the moment.
I am sure it was justifiable and felt good at the time to blame others or non entities like synergy for the experience you created. Perhaps harboring that sense of blame is what has made you so bitter in your old age mark.
No blame dude! Your attitude now being a wonderful example. Certainly no synergy there just #juice
the computational model was quite adequate. i was actually working on some of the problems to which nathan refers … and yes they were real and other languages solved them. they could have been integrated in the horizontal narrative style of #CyEnglish and its stack oriented computational model … we just did not agree to make those imporvements … or perhaps couldn’t completely imagine them. instead our cooperation decayed … we simply stopped #sharing choices. any #blame is irrelivant.
BTW, natural language – English – navigates ideas, thoughts , & the sensory world – the world of experience & life. Can’t cram all of that into a computer.
… well there are a lot of people right now that are attempting to do just that.
Good Luck with that! Can’t even get much going & agreement with natural language in vivo.
… these things take time. … it is not for the faint of heart.
… but truly it is hard not to notice the evolutionary trend … eh #OkGoogle … eh #seri … eh #Alexa . Me, i have all three of those girls on my nightstand as we speak … and me and denise talk to them every day … we notice how stupid they are … even notice how they could be imporved … and every time we get a result we wanted we get a bit of glee in our hearts. do you think for a moment that is just us?
#IDK / #IDC – I don’t have much in the way of cell phones – just an emergency one . I can get up & go to my computer room if I need to talk or hear the phone ring. If I need to log a thought & it is not there by morning I consider it probably was worthless or “sauerkraut” to begin with. Being plugged in is not my thingy . Unplugged is a better option except for robots.
”Can’t cram all of that into a computer” ~ mark
Nice little box of belief you have built for yourself to live in Mark. Me – I get rid of all such beliefs.
p.s. Alexa and OkGoogle are not cell phone related.
One huge thing that CyEnglish would have had to evolve to have is objects and object oriented programming. You might argue that it did because it had attention, but having actually spent several years programming many things in CyEnglish, and now programming in modern object orientated programming languages, I can tell you that what it had was not practically the same thing at all.
#SOS #AlreadyAlwaysArguing #juice onward nathan !
Objects were approx. Symloops or Symbols
Well, your own signature says you are an avid advocate for freeing yorself of beliefs. The belief you sling above is a very limiting belief. Nearly anyone would want to be done with that one.
Please do! Put your money where you sign it!
It was more of a challenge than a belief – the jury is still out – I still bet on humans.
Yes, I agree, approx. But only in baby steps. Much of the object stuff that exists in most modern programming environments was missing and only tediously obtainable the old fashioned “make static functions for it” way.
modern objects (classes) are abstractions … but the sym-loops of CyberMind were not abstract… for the most part they were the representions themselves.. But we could well have created abstract symbols. We just didn’t get to that yet … even though i actually did play with the concept … and somwhere there are mentographs to prove it.
Yep I did QA on Object-oriented software & diagrams which would generate programs against databases . Similar to what http://www.sparxsystems.com/ offers. I still have 7.1 on my machine but have not used it in years.
Abstract would just be a “factory” in OO terms.
why separate human cybernetics from being human? … seems to me they blend together nicely.
Yep, and “human” does not mean “carbon based lifeform” anyway. Watch Star Trek TNG if you have any doubt.
… well me, i am carbon based myself … so i will stick with that.
a wize man once told me, “Don’t let your mind get too far ahead of your hands”. Any bet who that wise man was?
- Thought A Law of Attraction Event Story with 810 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Copy of - TetModel Pallet with 634 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought Moving from 2 to 3 dimensions with 535 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought Reflected Tetrahedron with 531 viewings related by tag "tetmodel".
- Thought #Integrity #authenticity with 444 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought The psychology of Inside Outside Story with 405 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought There is no such thing as freedom with 388 viewings related by tag "sharing".
- Thought Thought, Feeling, and Will with 382 viewings related by tag "TetModel".
- Thought Seeking Information with 329 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Well here i am back in this reality with 307 viewings related by tag "omg".
- Thought train of thought (wallaby) in progress ... with 260 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought New TetModel of Psychology with 242 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought about: Syrian War - comment 75615 with 235 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought The Medium is the Message with 220 viewings related by tag "btw".
- Thought New Instance of TetModel with 210 viewings related by tag "TetModel".
- Thought About Seth with 192 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought Teasing out the "will" with 188 viewings related by tag "gw".
- Thought Doing things for others with 187 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Enforcement enacted. with 186 viewings related by tag "PR".
- Thought How to make the world go away ... with 181 viewings related by tag "CogSci".
- Thought about: one of the best dialogues ever written! ever! the egg. | spirit science with 179 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought about: Megaphone vs Free Speech vs Political Correctness - comment 73418 - comment 73462 with 177 viewings related by tag "GW".
- Thought Accepting responsibility for every thing in your life causes joy and power. with 174 viewings related by tag "btw".
- Thought LOA Trumps Hillary with 173 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought #WillToBelieve with 168 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought The Behavior Sequences with 168 viewings related by tag "TetModel".
- Thought Sensing ... with 167 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Encountering Edges with 153 viewings related by tag "gw".
- Thought The ego bubble plane with 152 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought Tet Model Pallet with 150 viewings related by tag "TetModel".
- Thought about: Megaphone vs Free Speech vs Political Correctness - comment 73418 with 141 viewings related by tag "OMG".
- Thought Taking Control with 141 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought TetModel of Feedback with 138 viewings related by tag "psychology".
- Thought [title (21932)] with 138 viewings related by tag "btw".
- Thought What process creates consciousness? with 136 viewings related by tag "pr".
- Thought Sharing with 135 viewings related by tag "sharing".
- Thought DMT - and the reality drug with 131 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Example of a misassociation with 122 viewings related by tag "PR".
- Thought Watching our indexing at Google with 121 viewings related by tag "btw".
- Thought are your thoughts yours alone or are they really available to all who can tune them in? with 118 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought What comes first ... thinking or doing ... er, always? with 115 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought Little magical circumstances. with 112 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought A thought causing an action with 111 viewings related by tag "CogSci".
- Thought Triangulating ... with 111 viewings related by tag "TetModel".
- Thought Why my trains of thought break ... with 110 viewings related by tag "btw".
- Thought new days with 108 viewings related by tag "btw".
- Thought Fallacies and Pallacies with 107 viewings related by tag "LOA".
- Thought about: Important Things to Know & Do with 102 viewings related by tag "GW".
- Thought General to specific with 101 viewings related by tag "loa".
- Thought Mark Fo Hammer's new age thinking and brain coupling with 99 viewings related by tag "loa".