Creating out of Nothing versus Ordinary Blogging
Some access to the forms of nothing:
- Imagine nothing exists by taking & removing everything a bit at a time until "nothing" is left.
- Use the mathematical zero as the no-dimension singularity of Cartesian coordinates
- Zen - hang out in a space where no mental conversation exists and no distinctions of any kind are made. All percepts are extinguished before they are cognized.
- Perhaps there is a fourth, complementary to #1 which has acknowledging everything that exists to such a degree of intensity & grok that your own ego disappears into the grok; whereby you do not exist - you become nothing; you disappear into everything.
- Nothing at all - this thought experiment is also similar to #1 except it takes place before the "Big Bang" which supposedly created the Universe, perhaps before any universe, any parallel universe had anything in it including thoughts, concepts, God or whatever were in it; no contexts or distinctions of any kind exist or could be made! That nothingness which could ask the question "why should a universe exist at all?" but doesn't; having no audience & nothing to comprehend .
- Imagine a state of being that has no beginning, no end, infinite extent & no center.
So how is it possible to create in such a space? There is in some such notion in the word initiate & in the Thelemic Motto - Do What thou Wilt (see also p2484 of the Tai Shu) - to wit:
What's to be done? eh?
- item 6831
JFK's declaration that we will go to the moon within the decade
MLK's "I have a dream" & subsequent civil rights movement
Jobs & Waz - personal computers on a large scale & in your houses
The Hunger project - the notion that we will actually end world hunger in the near future
Some of the same notions with respect AIDS in Africa (Bono, American Idol last night ..)
???? - still at it's inception, more to come ...
Ghandi - nonviolent peace movement
Most of these were against the flow, they couldn't be done if you looked for precedents. If you start in the frame of mind of "anti" you get nowhere. The symbol below suffices. One side creates the other & visa-versa. Balance & equilibrium is the way.
I think something from nothing would be extremely rare. Can't say i've ever experienced it. Things do tend to have their precedents. If such a thing ever happened it would be a special and wonderous event.
Well i think i did deal with what you though i missed, see bold statement above. Mathematically the null set represents the same as talking about nothing. I also expressed that nothing is not just not anything ... just like Peter did. sometimes this not-stuff is fun to try to talk about anyway ... lol .
anyway, i am presuming (though Peter doesn't really say it) that this is setting up the meditation of emptying mind so that something otherwise will emerge. i mentioned that i find that preposterous. if one completely empties one's mind, then quite starkly nothing is there, not even a potential for something. so, imho, such a meditation would eliminate some but not all. just saying.
He is trying to point folks to an experience of nothing, eh?
Why don't you go over & argue with Peter on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheng-Hsin/108477634963
p.s. there are 21 references to empty in BofNK .
BofNK 25:29 relates to the discussion of nothing & being.
i did listen to Peter's talk about creating out of self (or not self). but personally i have never experienced something springing from nothing, whether i take credit for it or not. so quite possibly i missed his point, or am denying it. all my experiences with creating have been of starting with something and changing and re-associating it until i notice it is new enough to claim it exists. the "me" part of the process is just the awareness, focus, intent, and the courage to make it so.
i guess i don't understand how Peter is informing that experience ... and, er... ? ... i don't suppose you would just tell me.
yep as expected.
i want to come back and think about this though in the light of the new developments in our media. am noting that here so it wont get lost while i am doing more domestic things.
- Thought about: Nihilism: the denial of meaning | Meaningness with 56 viewings related by tag "nothing".
- Thought P-blogging in Billie Park with 2 viewings related by tag "blogging".
- Thought Thanks for Nothing G+ with 1 viewings related by tag "nothing".
- Thought about: mommy blogger josi denise explains why she quit; says blog 'consumed' her life - abc news with 1 viewings related by tag "blogging".
- Thought I'm wondeing if a meme like this would go viral ? with 0 viewings related by tag "blogging".
- Thought I dont know how to feel about this yet ... with 0 viewings related by tag "blogging".
- Thought about: Seth's Notebook with 0 viewings related by tag "item 6831".
- Thought The Net & Sieves with 0 viewings related by tag "nothing".
- Thought I do so wish i could say this ... with 0 viewings related by tag "blogging".
- Thought What is Obama Thinking? with 0 viewings related by tag "nothing".
- Thought Thelema Podcasting with 0 viewings related by tag "blogging".